ELA Scholarships are available only to female graduate students
with physical disabilities who are enrolled in a college or university
in the United States. These scholarships are awarded on an objective
and nondiscriminatory basis. Scholarships range from $500 to $2,000
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
(1) The student must be a woman with a physical disability.
(2) The student must be currently enrolled or actively applying to a
graduate program in an accredited college or university in the United
(3) The student must be active in a local, state, or national
disability organization - either in person or electronically - which
is providing services and/or advocacy for people with disabilities.
(4) The student must be willing, as an ELA Scholar, to network with
the ELA Board of Directors and the current and alumni scholarship
recipients on our listserv. This will enhance the ELA Scholarís
support base in professional and political arenas.
(5) The student must be willing to update ELA with an annual letter on
her progress in her academic and working career.
If you believe that you qualify for a scholarship from ELA, please
send a completed application packet with all pieces in the same
envelope to the ELA Foundation office at 2460 North Lake Ave. PMB #128
Altadena, CA 91001 by 5 PM on June 1st.